Friday, 4 May 2007

So what does a kiwi do on holiday?

Well, we do what everyone else does, we build stone and coral retaining walls on the little island we're living on of course?!

Martin, an English traveller i met and I repaired a sea wall that had collapsed after the last big storm ( a few hours work in the hot sun was just what we needed, the coral we used is as sharp out of the water as it is under!)


You can see the wall behind my grinning but glad its over face.




Yesterday was a big one for me in that i finally got my tattoo done.

Its my first (maybe my last) and this is the process i went through to get it
  • get design done (this was done by a good friend of mine in Welli and has my Chinese year sign -Monkey chasing my best mate - he is a scorpio) Its a wicked picture and thankfully it looks good as a tattoo!

  • Shave the Farangs (european person in thai) leg!











  • Turn design into transfer and put it onto leg






  • Have you lie down while this tool is used to poke a very sharp needle into you again and again and again and again (you get the point)




                    This is the tattooist, his name is Duong and he was impressed with the fact i didnt complain during the tattoo (dont worry, i was complaining loud in my head!!)


                          Here is the completed tattoo, the monkey is holding the scorpions tail as the scorpion is holding the monkeys



                        • Then you get to try and keep the skin clean and covered while riding a scooter and crossing a sandbar back to your camp, hmmmmm you can guess how that ended.

                        No comments: