Thursday, 10 May 2007

Mr J explains why a tattoo isnt something you should do in a hurry

OK

I kinda thought i might need to add this after posting the Mr J gets a Tat post

The fact that i got a tattoo at my age......yes im old is because for several reasons i wanted to have something visual and permanent to remind me of the last year.
As lots of you will know my best friend got very sick in November and is still very ill (he may never recover and has to be looked after 24/7 by nurses still)
This made me think about a lot of things, one of which is how we look after our mates , through the good times and the bad and i realised that i had not been there for my friend as much as i should have, the reasons for that are lots (lets just say adults have lots of things going on in their lives too!)
As godfather to Taika and Alex (Jason's kids) i know that when i get back to Welli i have a responsibility to be there for them also.
When Jason got sick his sisters all got the same tattoo done (Jason had a little sorpion on his shoulder from when he was a younger) They got the tattoo to show support for their bro but also to make a link between what he was goiing through and the pain that they were also suffering.
I guess for me the image of the scorpion chasing the monkey, chasing the scorpion sums up the relationship i had/have with my mate and reminds me that being there for someone is not just being there in person but in action and thought.
Phew!
So the moral is....... you shouldnt get a tattoo unless you have a pretty good reason to do so!
I still havent told my mum and im not sure how impressed she will be with her boy having a couple of animals playing tag on his calf. gulp

No comments: