Thursday, 10 May 2007

I know it is out of sequence but this is the tough side of Cambodia




A sense of smell is mising from these pictures, i guess that is a good thing.

I made my way through the Thai Cambodia border and found myself in Poipet, its a border town in Cambodia and was a bit of a shok after travelling through Thailand which is fairly well off in comparison to Laos and Cambodia!

The first thing that struck me was the filth, the roads were deep in the worst smelling mud ever (you know how if you go the the rubbish tip on a wet day in summer you have this rotting smell on the tires as you drive through the mud, well this was that x100)
It was depressing and sad to see little kids playing in this and knowing that they would get sick from doing so.

I guess we take for granted all the little things that make life so much easier in NZ.
I know this wont be the last time i go "woah!" and i guess its part of why im travelling.

No comments: